Health is wealth! There are many health issues through which a person deals in life. Among many, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS) is a situation in medicine that causes hand numbness, pain, or discomfort, affecting approximately 75 million people worldwide. These syndrome therapies are relatively successful, but it is essential to diagnose early. If you think you are suffering from this syndrome, call the doctor for care.
Symptoms – The symptoms for this syndrome are as follows:
- Tingling and numbness in your hand & fingers, particularly the thumb, middle, and index finger.
- Aches in hand, back or forearm.
- Night time numbness or discomfort, which can make it difficult to sleep.
- Soreness, which arises when using your hand and wrist.
- Difficulty holding items like a car steering wheel.
- The thumb is weak
What is causing this syndrome?
Again and again, making the very same hand gestures can lead to carpal tunnel disorder. It is most common among people whose work needs wrist movement, held the intent to pinch and grip. People more at-risk are individuals who use machines, carpenters, product checkers, production line employees, farmers, singers, and mechanics. Often activities like farming, needlework, golf, or canoeing will bring the effects. Females are more prone to have a carpal tunnel. Sometimes it is hereditary.
Carpal tunnel syndrome can also be induced by a wrist injury, for example, a fracture. Or, diseases like diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, and thyroid disease may trigger it. This disorder can also become more prevalent in the last few months during pregnancy.
Various therapies to cure Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Resting the hand or wearing a splint in the evening may be all that is requires to alleviate symptoms of mild cases for carpal tunnel syndrome. Side effects for carpal tunnel syndrome sometimes occur at night, causing people to wake up or shake and move their hands until the numbness subsides.
Always consult your doctor before going for any therapy. Some remedies are as follows:
- Yoga poses are designed to reinforce, stretch, and balance the upper portion of the body and ligaments, which can help to reduce pain or improve core strength.
- Hand-treatment – Early studies show that specific hand treatment strategies, both physical and behavioral, may reduce carpal tunnel disease.
- Take quick, frequent breaks from repetitive hands-on activities.
- Lose weight if you are obese or overweight.
- Turn your wrists or stretch your fingers or palms.
- In the evening, wear a comfortable but rigid wrist splint.
- Ice your wrist or soak it in an ice bath once or twice an hour for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Get relieved from pain at night via shaking your hand or wrist gently, or by any other hanging exercise for your hand.
- Immerse your palm in lukewarm water, then gently massage or stretch your wrist and hand. Do this 3-4 times per day.
Consume more vitamin B6
Vitamin B6 is an essential mineral involved in hormonal regulation, as well as reducing tiredness and fatigue. It is also critical for brain health and protein metabolism.
Although more study needs to be done in this segment, some scientists have discovered that taking vitamin B6 could help cure carpal tunnel syndrome. There is much discussion around this area though, with some researchers claiming that lacking in this vitamin could be a reason leading up to carpal tunnel syndrome. In contrast, others believe that vitamin B6 helps promote pain relief due to its antinociceptive properties (which minimize sensitivity to pain).
Eat foods that can help reduce inflammation
Another way you can get rid of inflammation is through your diet. Try including more antioxidant-dense foods like bell peppers, which have the effect of reducing inflammation. Walnuts are another excellent addition to consider as they are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which can also work to decrease inflammation. Pineapple has an enzyme called bromelain that is believed to help break down the inflammation, which can, in turn, aid carpal tunnel symptoms.
Turmeric has often been used to help relieve arthritis and inflammation and this action is thought to be due to a substance called curcumin. Similarly, ginger is also believed to have anti-inflammatory properties as well as helping to calm and strengthen your digestive tract.
Devil’s Claw is a South African herb that helps to minimize inflammation and muscle and joint stiffness and soreness, which could also be useful in aiding to ease CTS pain. Devil’s Claw is an excellent alternative to those who can’t take pain killers or wish to approach a more natural approach to pain management. You can find Devil’s Claw in our natural pain relief remedy Atrosan.
Carpal tunnel syndrome is very painful if left untreated. There are various therapies as discussed above, which leads to comfort. One has to diagnose the problem early so that essential steps can be taken timely. These home therapies are very effective if done regularly.
About the Author:
Emylee is a wellness lifestyle writer. She loves sharing her thoughts and personal experiences related to natural remedies, yoga and fitness through her writing. She currently writes for How To Cure. She can connect with others experiencing health concerns and help them through their recovery journeys through natural remedies.