Yield: 10 servings
• 2 cups pitted medjool dates (firmly packed)
• 1 ½ inch piece of fresh ginger, washed and unpeeled
• ½ cup vegetable oil or coconut oil (divided in half)
• ¾ cup water
• 6 cups old fashioned oats
• ½ dried coconut chips
• ½ sliced blanched almonds
• ½ dried cranberries
Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F.
1. Cut the ginger into small chunks.
2. Add ginger, dates, water, and half (¼ cup) vegetable or coconut oil to blender. Puree until smooth.
3. In large bowl, add old fashioned oats and the remaining ¼ cup of vegetable or coconut oil. Stir until oats are coated with oil. Add, the date puree to the oats, and stir until oats are coated with the date mixture.
4. Spread oats on a sheet pan evenly.
5. Bake for an hour, stirring every 15 minutes to achieve an even golden-brown color.
6. Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes. Add granola to a bowl, and add coconut chips, almonds, and cranberries. Mix well.
7. Store in an airtight container.