- 1 small fennel bulb, sliced thin
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups firmly packed shredded kale
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- ¼ cup cranberries
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- ¼ slivered almonds
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Honey Lemon Dressing
- ¼ cup lemon juice (1-2 lemons)
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. honey
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ cup olive oil
- Add 1 tbsp. olive oil to sauté pan and heat on medium high. Add fennel and sauté for 7-10 minutes until tender. Set aside.
- Add lemon juice, Dijon, honey, and salt to a bowl and mix well. Slowly drizzle in olive oil. Set aside.
- Add kale, quinoa, cranberries, grape tomatoes, almonds, and fennel to medium sized bowl. Mix gently.
- Add ¼ cup of the lemon dressing or more to taste to the kale and quinoa salad. Mix until dressing is incorporated. Season with salt and pepper, if needed.